Sunday 14 August 2011

Thing 9 - Evernote

This was the first time I've come across Evernote, and I'm really pleased that cpd23 decided to include it.  This will make my life so much easier.  It was easy to install, intuitive to use and I do like the flexibility of including notes, clippings from the web, photos etc.  I'm also enough of a control freak to appreciate the "usage" function without having to perform endless clicks going through account , settings etc.

With the ability to organise the material into folders, I can easily justify using it at work (for work of course!), as I won't become distracted by other areas.  It's also much less clunky than the "emailing to myself system" that I currently do to flag up things for further consideration.

Time will tell if I do actually get around to going back to my reading if it isn't sitting there when I open my in-box.  Does anyone know if you can integrate it into iGoogle?
I'll probably only use it for current awareness, although I can see the potential for keeping notes for courses of study for example.  I'm fairly cautious about backing up data for things that I'd be stuck without, and, as I'm not sure about the robustness, and continued presence of the account I don't think I'll rely on it for something like that.  This is definitely something that I'll use, probably daily, so thank you cpd23.

No comments:

Post a Comment