Saturday 6 August 2011

Thing 5 - reflective practice

Well I suppose the key is in the name "reflective practice" - it has to be pursued actively.  I really liked the "description, interpretation and (especially) outcome" idea.  Currently I keep a free form journal type document (alongside the very structured, almost course orientated, cpd log from CILIP) which, looking back on it, concentrates on the first two stages, but is sadly lacking in stating outcomes. 
I'm also hoping that this blog will provide some documentation for my Revalidation with CILIP.

Having identified that I would benefit from exploring "social media", but always been a little (well quite a lot) overwhelmed by the sheer variety of sites out there, this summer's initiative is very timely and useful.  A slight hiccup in our internet connection served to make me re-examine how much I do use the net and maybe I should participate more professionally online, and take control of my online "brand".  However, this will probably evolve over time, so I'll pick the tools which seem of most use to me at the moment, and concentrate on them, such as Twitter and my RSS feed.  Managing to find time for this new manner of working is going to be quite tricky, so I'm going to need strategies that are easy for me to continue so I don't neglect them.

No comments:

Post a Comment