Thursday 11 August 2011

Thing 8 - too much organisation?

Google Calendar.

I like this calendar a great deal, it was easy to sign up to, easy to use and is flexible enough to be able to share anyone's calendar, not just those in your organisation.  In fact it does everything I could want from an online calendar, but there is a problem.

I don't think I actually need it right now.  At work we use Microsoft Outlook, so can co-ordinate and view other's calendars, and I do have remote access at home, so can check up on shift patterns when my memory (all too frequently) fails me. I also have an old fashioned paper diary which I still find easier to take to meetings where having online access is difficult.  At home a wall calendar tries to keep track of the household's comings and goings.  That seems more than enough to keep up to date at one time.
The only thing that I feel I'll miss out on is having it on my igoogle page, a very useful visual reminder.

However, it's good to know about other options and I'd definitely consider it if Outlook wasn't available to me.






No comments:

Post a Comment