Wednesday 3 August 2011

Thing 4 - So much to be aware of.



Resurrected my abandoned Twitter account to try again.  Maybe I didn’t put enough into it the first time round, but I couldn’t deal with all the “retweets” and life got busy so I stopped using it. This has given me some pointers about how, and who, to follow which is giving me some useful, timely information, especially in the field of children’s literature.  Many thanks for those who mentioned "thewikiman" for the tips and I’ll try to stick with it and put a little more back, so that people may get some idea of the topics in which I’m interested.
I’ve already use RSS feeds, but the handy bundle of cpd23 is brilliant.  (Although it does remind me of how many “things” are out there waiting to be read).  I try to keep my hobbies and work ones in separate folders, otherwise I’ll get way too distracted at work. 
Never having heard of Pushnote before I thought I’d give it a try. Nice and easy to download and intuitive to use.   But,it doesn't really give any clue to why things are rated as they are, you don't seem to have to justify your rating, so it is subjective, more like a friend recommending sites so professionally I'm a little wary.  I also found it quite difficult to find people to follow, does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get started on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment